Saturday 29 September 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
10, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1979 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Orhan Ak: Turkish footballer.
- Takumi Beppu: Japanese cyclist and manager.
- Artika Devi: Indonesian model and actress.
- Shelley Duncan: American baseball player and manager.
- Jaime Lozano: Mexican footballer.
- Bad Case Of Loving You by Robert Palmer peaks at #14
- Boom Boom (Out Go Lights) by Pat Travers peaks at #56
- Born To Be Alive by Patrick Hernandez peaks at #16
- Cruel To Be Kind by Nick Lowe peaks at #12
- Different Worlds by Maureen McGovern peaks at #18
- Girls Talk by Dave Edmunds peaks at #65
- Lonesome Loser by Little River Band peaks at #6
- Message In A Bottle by Police peaks at #1 in the UK
- LA Dodger Manny Mota hits record 146th pinch hit
- Pope John Paul II becomes the first pope to set foot on Irish soil with his pastoral visit to the Republic of Ireland.
- Gold hits record US$400.20 an ounce in Hong Kong.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Sail On - Commodores
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?