Saturday 29 September 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hunter Thomsen and Doug Brochu.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection by Nelson.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
Henry & June, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Prisoners of Gravity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Bros. or Dangaioh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1990 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Hunter Thomsen: Guitarist.
- Doug Brochu: American actor.
- Joosep Laiksoo: Estonian race car driver.
- Lena Wermelt: German footballer.
- Love & Affection by Nelson peaks at #1 on pop singles chart
- Street Scene closes at New York State Theater NYC after 6 performances
- Brook Yeaton weds Traci Lords
- Reds are 1st NL team to clinch title, staying in 1st place all year
- Washington National Cathedral construction is completed after 83 years.
- Construction of the Washington National Cathedral is completed.
- The YF-22, which would later become the F-22 Raptor, flies for the first time.
- Washington, D.C.'s National Cathedral is finished.
- September 29–30 ndash The United Nations World Summit for Children draws more than 70 world leaders to United Nations Headquarters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Paul Young - Oh Girl
- Johnny Gill - My, My, My
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?