Saturday 29 September 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
No Country for Old Men, directed by Ethan Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 29 September 2007 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 September
- Calder Hall, the world's first commercial nuclear power station, is demolished in a controlled explosion.
- A bomb explodes in Malé, the capital of the Maldives, injuring 12 tourists. (BBC News)
- President of Pakistan Muslim League (N) says former Pakistan President Nawaz Sharif will make a comeback to Pakistan after Ramadan.
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- Shortly after his scheduled arrival at Yangon, it was reported that Ibrahim Gambari, the UN Secretary-General's special adviser on Burma, had arrived in Naypyidaw to talk with the junta leaders. (Mizzina News)
- There are reports that Htoo trading company, owned by junta loyalist business tycoon Tay Za, has shut-down its operations after giving two months salaries to its staff. (Mizzima News)
- Iran declares the US Army and CIA, ampquotterrorist organisationsampquot, countering claims by America about their own armed forces. (BreakingNews.ie)
- Robert Levy, mayor of the U.S. city of Atlantic City, New Jersey, disappears on after being found to have embellished his Vietnam War record. (Reuters)
- The Geelong Football Club wins the 2007 AFL Grand Final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne, Australia by a record 119 points, the first win for the club since 1963. (BigFooty (part of The Age))
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?