Thursday 29 September 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Real Steel, directed by Shawn Levy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 September 2011 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Archie Wilshere: British member of noted family, his parents are 19-year-old English football's midfielder Jack Wilshere and girlfriend Lauren Neal.
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Heavy fighting is reported in the northern suburbs of Sanaa, Yemen's capital. (Reuters)
- Maple Group, a consortium of Canadian concerns, says it is extending its bid to take over Canada's largest stock market operating company, TMX Group. (Reuters)
- 2011 Pacific typhoon season
- The Hong Kong Stock Exchange closes as Typhoon Nesat nears China's Hainan Island with schools, transport services and government offices also closing. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- China upgrades its emergency response to deal with two typhoons, Nesat and Nalgae, expected to hit over the next few days. (''People's Daily'')
- Eighteen people are feared dead after a small plane crashes in the Bohorok region of Indonesia's North Sumatra province. (AP via ''San Jose Mercury News'')
- Australian criminal Matthew Johnson is found guilty of the murder of drug boss Carl Williams in Victoria's Barwon Prison. (''Melbourne Herald-Sun'')
- The United Kingdom's Department for Transport announces a consultation process on raising the motorway speed limit to 80mph (128km/h). (Sky News)
- The German Bundestag votes to approve the European Financial Stability Facility. (''The Guardian'')
- The People's Republic of China successfully launches the Tiangong 1 space laboratory, the country's first space station module, from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Gansu Province. (''China Daily'')
- Iran beats China 3-1 to win the 2011 Asian Men's Volleyball Championship held in Tehran. (Asianvolleyball)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?