Thursday 30 April 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sid Weiss and Dorival Caymmi.
Neptune's Daughter, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1914 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Sid Weiss: Bassist.
- Dorival Caymmi: Brazilian singer, songwriter, actor, and painter active for more than 70 years beginning in 1933.
- Carlos Lacerda: Brazilian journalist and politician, famous for his attacks on Getulio Vargas, the dictator of Brazil at his time, causing crises in political circles.
- Simone Eymery: Marseille EXecutives.
- Charles Beetham: American middle-distance runner (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross the Great Divide (I'll Wait for You) - Haydn Quartet
- The Ragtime Dream - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?