Wednesday 30 April 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Narrow Margin, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1952 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Tinker Hatfield: Fashion Designer.
- Tom Pesek: PC programmer (creator of HAL 9000 program).
- Paul Hermelin: Belgian businessman.
- Jacques Audiard: French film director and screenwriter; and the son of Michel Audiard, also a notable screenwriter and film director.
- Charles Radoux-Rogier: Composer.
- Mr Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Stockton Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?