Sunday 30 April 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Puppet On A String by Sandie Shaw was in the top 5 hits.
Karate Kid, directed by Abraham Cruz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1967 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Christine Jacob: Filipino-American actress swimmer and journalist.
- Philipp Kirkorov: Bulgarian-Russian singer actor and producer.
- Steven Mackintosh: English actor.
- New York Mets' pitcher Tom Seaver wins his first game.
- Highest tower in the world finished, 537 metres (USSR).
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Shreveport Kiwanis Club Golf Invitational.
- The Aldene Connection opened in Roselle Park, NJ, shutting down the CNJ's Jersey City waterfront terminal and transferring commuters to Newark Penn Station.
- Moscow's 537m-tall TV tower is finished.
- Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu are married in Las Vegas.
- GO Transit, Canada's first interregional public transit system, is established.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. It was their last Stanley Cup and last finals appearance to date. It would turn out to be the last game in the original six era. Six more teams would be added in the fall.
- Harold Wilson announces that the United Kingdom has decided to apply for EEC membership.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 April 1967 and get them!