Friday 30 April 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Jack, directed by T.C. Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1971 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- John Boyne: Irish novelist.
- Ryan Hawblitzel in West Palm Beach: Florida, USA; pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Darren Emerson: English DJ and producer (Underworld).
- Ty Hallock: fullback (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Randy Bierman: WLAF tackle (Scottish Claymores).
- Matt Martin in Hamden: Connecticut, USA; NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs, Olympics-US-1994).
- B J Tyler: NBA guard (Toronto Raptors)
- Elmo Roper: pollster (Roper Poll), dies at age 70.
- 25th NBA Championship: Milwaukee Bucks beat Baltimore Bullets in four games.
- Amtrak begins inter-city rail passenger service in the United States.
- The Ceylonese government promises amnesty for those guerillas who surrender before April 5.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?