Friday 30 April 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kirsten Dunst and Drew Seeley.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK My Camera Never Lies by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Paradise, directed by Stuart Gillard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bird of Prey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial or Pac-Man Plus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1982!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1982 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Kirsten Dunst: American actress (Interview with the Vampire).
- Drew Seeley: Canadian actor and singer.
- Lloyd Banks: American rapper.
- Cleo Higgins: English singer-songwriter dancer and actress (Cleopatra).
- Albert TLCA Bird: Lecture artist.
- Taisen Deshimaru: founder of several Zen centers in France, dies at age 67.
- Herman Tholen: Dutch cabaret performer (Juveniles), dies.
- Lester Bangs: American writer, a critic of rock musicians and their work, whose first piece appeared in "Rolling Stone" magazine on April 5, 1969.
- Atlanta Braves win record 12th straight from beginning of season.
- Alvaro Magana chosen to succeed Jose N Duarte as President of El Salvador.
- Iranian offensive in Khusistan.
- Bijon Setu massacre
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Huey Lewis and the News - Do You Believe In Love
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?