Saturday 30 April 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Valley Girl, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1983 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Lilly Ghalichi: Reality Star.
- Chris Carr: American football player.
- Tatjana Hüfner: German luger.
- Marina Tomić: Slovenian hurdler.
- Troy Williamson: American football player.
- Tatjana Hufner: German luger
- Bruins 3-Isles 7-Wales Conference Championship-Isles hold 2-1 lead
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?