Friday 30 April 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 30 April 2010 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 April
- Gerry Ryan: Irish radio and television host (d. 2010).
- Hailed as the largest World's Fair in history, Expo 2010 opens in Shanghai, China.
- Maltese President George Abela is hospitalised after sustaining an injury in his China hotel and has to cancel his appearance at the official inauguration. (''The Times of Malta'')
- At least eight villagers die following a landslide in Kenya, with others hospitalised or missing and homes destroyed. (BBC)
- French senator Charles Pasqua is convicted and sentenced on charges of corruption which occurred whilst he was interior minister in the 1990s. (''China Post'')
- Tonga's Attorney-General suddenly resigns amidst allegations the government is trying to take over his judiciary. (TVNZ)
- Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explosion aftermath:
- The oil spill resulting from the explosion of the ''Deepwater Horizon'' drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico reaches the Louisiana coast. (CBS News)
- Landfall of the giant oil spill will result in widespread environmental harm to animals, birds and coastline areas. (CNN)
- Weather threatens to impede cleanup efforts. (''Houston Chronicle'')
- Former Pakistani spy Khalid Khawaja is murdered a previously unknown militant group - Asian Tigers - claims responsibility. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Protesters in Thailand storm a hospital amid rising tension between pro- and anti-government factions. (''NY Times'')
- The United States Justice Department opens a criminal investigation into alleged fraud by Goldman Sachs. (''Washington Post'')
- The Nigerian House of Representatives announces the creation of ten new states, five in the north and five in the south, by 2011. (''AllAfrica.com'')
- China and South Korea discuss the potential security threat presented by North Korean aggression. (''Washington Post'')
- Iran threatens to ampquotcut off Israel's feetampquot if Israel attacks Syria. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- China moves to increase classroom security after a series of unrelated attacks on schools injure dozens of children and kill ten. (''LA Times'')
- One of Ireland's most recognisable broadcasters, Gerry Ryan, who co-presented Eurovision Song Contest 1994 sixteen years ago today, is discovered dead at his Dublin home after failing to present this morning's edition of ''The Gerry Ryan Show'' on national radio station RTÉ 2fm. (Sky News)
- Russian businessman Vasily Bukhtienko, who established a Joseph Stalin museum in Volgograd, is beat to death by electric shocks. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?