Thursday 30 August 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Countess of Longford and Joan Blondell.
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1906 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Countess of Longford: Biographer / historian.
- Joan Blondell: American actress, the brassy but good-hearted heroine in dozens of comedies, musicals, films and stage productions.
- Jacques Durand: French businessman, owner of the Cristal d'Arques brand of glassware, created in 1968.
- Francois Sybille: Belgium sport Champion.
- Rene Dussouil: France Scientist.
- Hans Auer: Swiss-Austrian architect designed the Federal Palace of Switzerland (d. 1906).
- New York Highlander Joe Doyle debuts pitching back-to-back shut-outs
- Hal Chase becomes first New York Yankees player to hit three triples in a game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1906 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Pretty Desdamone - Bert Williams
- By the Light of the Honeymoon - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Bashful Henry and His Lovin' Lucy - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?