Tuesday 30 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1910 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Roger Bushell: South African RAF officer and prisoner of war (d. 1944).
- Henri Le Saux: French monk, known as Abhishiktananda, who, having moved to India in 1948 in search of a more radical form of spiritual life, adopted sannyasa in accordance with Indian tradition and became one of the pioneers of Hindu-Christian dialogue.
- Donald Bisset: Dutch children book writer / actor (Battle of the Sexes).
- Albert Vandal: French Earl / Historian (Napoleon), dies at 57.
- Yank Tom Hughes pitches 9 no-hit innings but loses to Cleveland 5-0 in 11
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Overture 1812
- Two Gentlemen from Ireland - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 August 1910 and get them!