Thursday 30 August 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Daily in Des Moines and Ruth Westerheimer.
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1928 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Bill Daily in Des Moines: Iowa, USA; actor (I Dream of Jeannie, Newhart).
- Ruth Westerheimer: Sex therapist (Dr Ruth).
- Johnny Mann in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; music director (Johnny Mann Stand Up and Cheer).
- Henri Frossard: Orthez physician.
- Lloyd Casner: American race car driver and owner (Born 1928).
- Harvey Hart: Canadian director and producer (d. 1989)
- Johnny Mann: American singer-songwriter and conductor (d. 2014)
- Wilhelm Wien: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1928).
- Jawaharlal Nehru requests independence of India
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?