Sunday 30 August 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
My Man Godfrey, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 30 August 1936 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 30 August 1936 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
See other famous people born on 30 August
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1936?
- Time: Clockwise from left: Spanish General Francisco Franco, President Manuel Azana and Gen. Emilio Mola
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: William L. Clayton -- Aug. 17, 1936
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: John Dos Passos -- Aug. 10, 1936
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Since its original publication in 1936, Gone With the Wind—winner of the Pulitzer Prize and one of the bestselling novels of all time—has been heralded by readers everywhere as The Great American Novel.Widely
Santayana's The Last Puritan, 1st Ed by George Santayana. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1936. First edition. 602 pages. Hardcover w/Jacket. Solid copy, moderate wear
"The best work of its kind. Throbs with life upon a hostile frontier ... doubly thrilling as Mr. Edmonds sets it down, touched with local color, lively with dialogue, bright with suspense".
Tell the world why 30 August 1936 is such a special date for you!