Monday 30 August 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franck Borotra and Millie Bradley.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1937 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Franck Borotra: French politician, member of the Rally for the Republic party (French: Rassemblement pour la République; RPR).
- Millie Bradley: American Church of Religious Science clergywoman.
- Bruce McLaren: New Zealand born race-car champion in Canada-America 1967 and 1969; winner of the first U.S.
- Jewel Brown: American singer.
- Joe Louis beats Tommy Farr in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?