Thursday 30 August 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jayne Irving and Frans Peeters.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Dr. Fu Manchu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1956 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Jayne Irving: English TV hostess (Live at 3).
- Frans Peeters: Belgian trap shooter who won a Bronze Medal in the Seoul Olympics, 1988.
- Steve Rauschenberger: American politician, the Republican member of the Illinois State Senate from 1993 to 2007.
- Frank Conniff: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Jose Antonio de Donostia: Composer, dies at 70.
- White mob prevents enrollment of blacks at Mansfield HS, Texas
- The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway opens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?