Saturday 30 August 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Little Star by The Elegants.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1958 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Muriel Gray: Scottish actress, journalist, former illustrator and graduate of the Glasgow School of Art.
- Karen Buck: Northern Irish politician.
- Fran Fraschilla: American basketball player coach and sportscaster.
- Martin Jackson: English drummer (Swing Out Sister Magazine The Chameleons The Freshies and The Durutti Column).
- Anna Politkovskaya: Russian journalist and activist (d. 2006).
- Peter Tunks: Australian rugby player and sportscaster
- September 1 – Notting Hill race riots: Riots between blacks and whites in Notting Hill, London.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- Peggy Lee - Fever
- Kalin Twins - When
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?