Sunday 30 August 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1964 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Gavin Fisher: English engineer and designer.
- Ra Luhse: Estonian architect.
- Stephen Baker: NFL receiver (New York Giants).
- Joan Bennett: Chicago, Illinois -- Playmate (January, 1985).
- Steve Smith: NFL fullback (Seattle Seahawks).
- Wesley Lau: Actor (Lt Anderson-Perry Mason), dies at 43.
- Clifford Ann Creed wins LPGA Riverside Ladies Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 August 1964 and get them!