Thursday 30 August 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1973 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Jermaine Coleman: Rapper.
- Lisa Ling: American journalist and TV personality, Ling was one of the co-hosts of "The View" a popular daytime TV talk show featuring Barbara Walters, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones and Joy Behar.
- Echo Chernik: American illustrator and publisher.
- Jimmy Herndon: Offensive tackle (Chicago Bears).
- Danny Seiwell quits Wings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?