Friday 30 August 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1974!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1974 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Matt Bongiovi: heavy metal rocker (cousin of Jon Bon Jovi).
- Rich Cronin: American musician, lead singer of the boy band LFO, who produced their biggest hit "Summer Girls" in 1999.
- Aaron Barrett: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Reel Big Fish The Scholars and The Forces of Evil).
- Javier Otxoa: Spanish cyclist.
- John Todryk: American football player, nose guard with the Wisconsin Badgers.
- Abraham Schierbeek: Dutch biologist (Leeuwenhoek), dies at 87.
- Launching of 1st Dutch satellite, ANS, from Vandenberg
- Express train runs full speed into Zagreb, Yugoslavia rail yard killing 153.
- A Belgrade : Dortmund express train derails at the main train station in Zagreb killing 153 passengers.
- A powerful bomb explodes at the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries headquarters in Marunouchi, Tokyo, Japan. 8 are killed, 378 are injured. Eight left-wing activists are arrested on May 19, 1975 by Japanese authorities.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 August 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?