Monday 30 August 1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Harlock and Matt Shea.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury was in the top 5 hits.
Three Colors: Blue, directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Without Remorse by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Passion for Angling.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise or Fields of Glory.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1993!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1993 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
Famous Birthdays:30 August
- Richard Jordan: US actor (Hunt for Red October, Posse), dies at 55.
- 150,000,000 millionth visitor to Eiffel Tower
- Hassan II mosque opens in Casablanca, 2nd largest mosque in the world
- The Late Show with David Letterman premieres on CBS.
- Russia completes removing its troops from Lithuania.
- Norwegian parliamentary election, 1993: The Labour Party wins a plurality of the seats, and Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland retains office.
- PLO leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin shake hands in Washington D.C., after signing a peace accord.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 August 1993
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- UB40 - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
- Tag Team - Whoomp! There It Is
- Jodeci - Lately
- Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
- Janet Jackson - If
- SWV - Right Here (Human Nature)
- Michael Jackson - Will You Be There
- The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Tony! Toni! Tone! - If I Had No Loot
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?