Sunday 30 August 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 30 August 2009 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 August
- Klaus-Peter Hanisch: German footballer (Born 1952).
- Japanese voters go to the polls. (Kyodo)
- A presidential election takes place in Gabon. (Al Jazeera)
- Brazil's former Environment minister Marina Silva joins the Green Party which wants to field her as a black female candidate for the 2010 Brazilian presidential race when President Lula's two terms comes to an end. (MercoPress)
- Israeli jets bomb a building in the Gaza Strip which the military says hides a tunnel that Palestinian militants could use to infiltrate Israel. (Ynet News)
- A suspected suicide bomber kills 14 police cadets in an attack on a training centre in Mingora, Pakistan. (BBC)
- At least five people are killed and 275 injured in a train crash near Yaounde, Cameroon. (Press TV)
- The remains of 92 victims of a military massacre in Putis, Peru, are laid to rest 25 years later. (BBC)
- Ehud Olmert is indicted on three counts of corruption, becoming the first ex-Prime Minister of Israel to face criminal charges. (BBC)
- Al Qaeda claims responsibility for the attempted assassination on Saudi Prince Muhammad bin Nayef. (BBC)
- Burma says 26 government troops and 8 rebels were killed during violence in the Kokang region of Shan State. (Associated Press)
- The Dalai Lama begins a visit to Taiwan, amid criticism from China. (''Straits Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?