Sunday 30 December 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1906 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Sally Marr: American dancer and comedienne, the mother of comedian Lenny Bruce.
- Johan A Earl von Kielmansegg: German General / Commandant NATO-Europe.
- Carol Reed: English film producer and director (Born 1906).
- Jean Laurent: France sport Champion.
- Sergey Korolev: The lead Soviet rocket engineer and spacecraft designer in the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union during the 1950s and 1960s.
- Iran becomes a constitutional monarchy.
- The All India Muslim League is founded in Dacca, East Bengal, British India Empire, which later laid down the foundations of Pakistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- The Moon Has His Eyes on You - Ada Jones
- Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?