Sunday 30 December 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Austin Preston and Bo Diddley [Ellas Bates] in Mississippi.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1928 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Thomas Austin Preston: Jr in Johnson, Arkansas, USA; known as "Amarillo Slim", notable poker player, 1972 World Series of Poker Championships winner.
- Bo Diddley [Ellas Bates] in Mississippi: USA; rock 'n' roll pioneer (Bo Diddley).
- Jack Lord in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Steve McGarrett - Hawaii 5-0, God's Little Acre).
- Siné : French cartoonist, his work has appeared in "Paris Match," "France Soir," and "France-Dimanche".
- Bertram Wainer: Australian doctor who successfully campaigned for legal access to abortion for women in the state of Victoria.
- Bo Diddley: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2008)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweethearts On Parade - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Ted Weems & His Orchestra - You're the Cream in My Coffee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?