Wednesday 30 December 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1931 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Marcel Janssens: Belgian cyclist.
- John Houghton: Welsh physicist and author.
- Frank Torre: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Skeeter Davis [Mary Penick] in Dry Ridge: Kentucky, USA; singer ("The End of the World") (dies 2004).
- Charles A Bassett II in Dayton: Ohio, USA; Captain US Air Force/astronaut.
- Skeeter Davis: American musician with a career that was always eventful. The eldest of seven kids, she formed a harmony group with her friend Betty Jack Davis (born 3/03/1932, Corgin, KY) and they called themselves "The Davis Sisters." They began to play regular gigs on the radio in Lexington and on other shows in Detroit and Cincinnati before they signed a record contract. In 1953 their first RCA release, "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know" went N.1 on the charts in 26 weeks.
- Richard Christ: Writer
- Tyrone Power Sr: Actor (Big Trial, Test of Donald Norton), dies at 62.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home - Peter Van Steeden & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1931 and get them!