Sunday 30 December 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1934 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Russ Tamblyn: American dancer, actor of stage, film and radio.
- John Bahcall: American astrophysicist and astronomer co-developed the Hubble Space Telescope (d. 2005).
- Joseph Bologna: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Barry Briggs: New Zealand motorcycle racer and sportscaster.
- Joseph Hoar: American general.
- Del Shannon: American singer, one of the early rockers who wrote his own material. He began his pro career in music at the age of 14 when he first learned guitar. By 1960 he was performing in school shows and working as a D.J. His first number one hit came in 1961, "Runaway," which was followed by "Hats Off To Harry." In 1962 he made his first tour of England, but the following year began having legal problems. The legal action begun in 1963 dragged on for ten years as a handicap background of his hit songs.
- Russ Tamblyn in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Twin Peaks, Tom Thumb, Win Place or Steal).
- John Norris Bahcall: American physicist (d. 2005)
- Joseph P Hoar: former US Central Command commander
- Barry Briggs in New Zealand auto maker (World Champion 1957: 1958, 1964, 1966).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?