Saturday 30 December 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1939 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Odile Bailleux: French harpsichordist and organist.
- Doeke Eisma: sociologist/Dutch Member of Parliament (D66).
- Del Shannon [Charles Westover] in Coopersville: Michigan, USA; rocker ("Runaway").
- Glenda Adams: Australian author and academic (d. 2007).
- Felix Pappalardi: American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Mountain) (d. 1983).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Comes Around - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1939 and get them!