Saturday 30 December 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1950 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Timothy Mo: Chinese-English author.
- Yunus I Mahomed: South African attorney / leader (UDF).
- Lewis Shiner: American journalist and author.
- Bjarne Stroustrup: Danish computer scientist created the C++ programming language.
- Martti Vainio: Finnish runner.
- Patrick Kessel: French freemason.
- Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia become Independent states in French Union.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas In Killarney - Dennis Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?