Wednesday 30 December 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1953 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Diego Della Valle: Italian designer of high fashion, a clothing industrialist.
- Meredith Vieira: TV Show Host.
- Daniel Barry: American engineer and astronaut.
- Bill Kazmaier: American strongman and wrestler.
- Dana Key: American singer guitarist and producer (DeGarmo and Key) (d. 2010).
- Graham Vick: English director and producer
- Daniel T Barry: Norwalk, Connecticut -- PhD / MD / Astronaut (STS 72)
- The first colour television sets go on sale for about $1,175 (American dollars).
- The Japanese 10 yen coin is issued with serrated edges for a 5-year period, beginning in 1953. All 10 yen coins since have had smooth edges.
- Heavy massive rain, landslides, and flooding in western and southwestern Japan kill an estimated 2,566, and injure 9,433, mainly at Kizugawa, Wakayama, Kumamoto and Kitakyushu (June–August).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?