Wednesday 30 December 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Why by Frankie Avalon.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1959 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Josee Verner: Canadian politician.
- Tracey Ullman: British comedienne, a boisterous, original player on screen, stage and TV.
- Antonio Pappano: English pianist and conductor.
- Kåre Thomsen: Norwegian guitarist and graphic designer.
- Josée Verner: Canadian politician 8th Canadian Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs.
- Maria Baers: Flemish social female worker/senator, dies at age 76.
- George Washington, 1st ballistic missile sub commissioned
- The USS George Washington becomes first ballistic missile submarine commissioned.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?