Wednesday 30 December 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Sometimes a Great Notion, directed by Paul Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1970 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Gus Nketia in Auckland: New Zealand; 100 metre sprint (Olympics-1996).
- Kevin Salvadori: NBA center (Sacramento Kings).
- Robert Hall: WLAF wide receiver (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Grant Carter: Canadian Football League defensive end (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Sandrine Quétier: French TV host on TF1 private channel, co-presenting "50 minutes Inside" with Nikos Aliagas.
- Bliss : English keyboard player songwriter and producer (Faithless)
- Sonny Liston: American boxer (Born 1932).
- Paul McCartney sues his bandmates to dissolve the Beatles
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Van Morrison - Domino
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?