Sunday 30 December 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1979 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Flávio Amado: Angolan footballer and coach.
- Tommy Clufetos: American drummer.
- Michael Grimm: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Baptiste Jouhannaud: French survivor of the giant tsunami in Sri Lanka.
- Yelawolf : Rapper.
- Flavio: Angolan footballer
- Richard Rodgers: American preeminent composer of musical theater.
- Rock group Emerson, Lake, and Palmer break up.
- Togo adopts constitution.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Styx - Babe
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Commodores - Still
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?