Sunday 30 December 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1979 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Flavio: Angolan footballer.
- Baptiste Jouhannaud: French survivor of the giant tsunami in Sri Lanka.
- Yelawolf : Rapper.
- Flávio Amado: Angolan footballer and coach.
- Tommy Clufetos: American drummer.
- Michael Grimm: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Richard Rodgers: American preeminent composer of musical theater.
- Rock group Emerson, Lake, and Palmer break up.
- Togo adopts constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Styx - Babe
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Commodores - Still
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?