Wednesday 30 December 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1981 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- KWill : South Korean singer-songwriter dancer and actor.
- Ali Al-Habsi: Omani footballer.
- Haley Paige: Mexican-American porn actress and director (d. 2007).
- Michael Rodríguez: Costa Rican footballer.
- Reef the Lost Cauze: American rapper (JuJu Mob and Army of the Pharaohs).
- Matt Ulrich: American football player
- Cédric Carrasso: French football (soccer) player, who currently plays as a goalkeeper for Bordeaux. He has also played for the French national team.
- Ali Al Habsi: Omani footballer
- Michael Rodriguez: Costa Rican footballer
- Alfie Anido: Filipino actor (Born 1959).
- In the 39th game of his 3rd NHL season Wayne Gretzky scores 5 goals giving him 50 on the year setting a new NHL record previously held by Maurice Richard and Mike Bossy who earlier had each scored 50 goals in 50 games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?