Saturday 30 December 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 30 December 2006 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Mattias Ferrell: American child of noted parent, actor and comedian Will Ferrell and his wife Viveca Paulin.
- Deposed President of Iraq Saddam Hussein, convicted of the executions of 148 Iraqi Shiites, is executed by hanging.
- Madrid Barajas International Airport is bombed.
- Basque nationalist group ETA detonates a van bomb at Madrid-Barajas Airport in Madrid, Spain, ending a nine-month ceasefire.
- Saddam Hussein is executed, by hanging, at approximately 06:00 local time (03:00 UTC). (BBC News)
- The Supreme Council of Kyrgyzstan votes 50 to 1 in favor of amendments to the Constitution giving greater power to the executive branch after President Kurmanbek Bakiyev accuses Parliamentarians of ampquotsabotagingampquot the political process. The President will now have the power to appoint and dismiss the Prime Minister and his cabinet and regional governors. The SNB, the domestic intelligence organization, will report to the President, not the legislature. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 500 people are feared to have drowned after the ferry ''Senopati Nusantara'' travelling between the port of Kumai on the Indonesian island of Borneo to Semarang on Java sank during a storm. (BBC)
- Former U.S. President Gerald Ford's funeral is held at the United States Capitol. (CBS)
- The coat of arms of Nepal is changed as a gesture of reconciliation after the Nepalese Civil War. (People's Daily)
- A 67-year-old Spanish woman, whose name has not been revealed, is reported to have given birth to twins in Barcelona, becoming the oldest birth mother. (BBC)
- Tiki Barber rushes for 234 yards in his final game in the nfl. This is a record for the most rushing yards in a running backs last game, and a New York Giants team record for the most rushing yards in a game.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?