Tuesday 30 December 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 December 2008 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 December
- Eight of eleven snowmobilers buried by avalanches in British Columbia, Canada, are found dead. (CTV News)
- Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich appoints former Democratic Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris to President-elect Barack Obama's vacated United States Senate seat. Democratic Senate leaders and Secretary of State Jesse White say they will not accept the appointment. (ABC7 Chicago)
- Following the Jammu and Kashmir state assembly elections, the National Conference and National Congress parties agree to form a coalition government. (BBC)
- Sheikh Hasina's Awami League wins a supermajority in Bangladesh's National Assembly. (Rediff)
- Herman Van Rompuy is sworn in as Belgium's new Prime Minister, replacing Yves Leterme. (Reuters)
- The National Council for Democracy and Development, the ruling military junta of Guinea after a recent coup, appoints Kabiné Komara as the country's new Prime Minister. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?