Friday 30 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Skibine and Hermann Buse de la Guerra.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1920 ?
- George Skibine: Russ / US dancer / choreographer (Tragedy in Verona).
- Hermann Buse de la Guerra: Peruvian writer, journalist and professor.
- Michael Anderson: English director and producer.
- Carwood Lipton: American WWII veteran (d. 2001).
- Delbert Mann: American director and producer (d. 2007).
- The oldest surviving pro wrestling match on film happens, with Joe Stecher defeating Earl Caddock.
- Estonian War of Independence: The Tartu Peace Treaty is signed, ending the war and recognizing Estonian independence.
- France occupies Memel.
- Sayyid Muhammad, Khan of Khiva abdicates.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 January 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Ben Selvin & His Orchestra - Dardanella
- Everybody Calls Me Honey - Nora Bayes
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?