Wednesday 30 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1929 ?
- Lois Hole: Canadian politician author businesswoman academician and professional gardener (d. 2005).
- Hugh Tayfield: South African cricketer (d. 1994).
- Lucille Teasdale-Corti: Canadian physician and international aid worker (Born 1929).
- Gloria Leggett: American astrologer.
- Viscount Long: .
- Xavier Dor: French social activist, an impassioned pro-life advocate. He is president of SOS Tout petits, an anti-abortion group whose members, in protest, regularly chain themselves in hospitals where abortions are practiced.
- La Goulue: French entertainer, a cabaret singer and can-can dancer, born as Louise Weber was born into a Jewish family from Alsace, immortalized in a portrait painted by Henri Toulouse-Lautrec called "La Goulue.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 January 1929 and get them!