Saturday 30 January 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1960 ?
- Gerald Finley: Canadian opera singer.
- Alex Titomirov: Russian-born American businessman.
- Tony O'Dell in Pasadena: California, USA; actor (Alan Pinkard - Head of the Class).
- CIA OKs Lockheed to produce a new U-2 aircraft (Oxcart)
- US Central Intelligence Agency okays Lockheed to produce a new U-2 aircraft (Oxcart).
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Carol Heiss.
- Riot curtails third day's play at Port-Of-Spain, West Indies versus England.
- The African National Party is founded in Chad, through the merger of traditionalist parties.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?