Monday 30 January 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Will You Love Me Tomorrow? by The Shirelles.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
The Misfits, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1961 ?
- Dexter King: Movie Actor.
- Dexter Scott King: son of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Tracy Porter: American astrologer based in London, an identical twin whose sister is about 5 minutes older according to her website.
- JFK asks for an Alliance for Progress and Peace Corp
- KAET TV channel 8 in Phoenix, AZ (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Lance Gibbs takes hat-trick (Mackay, Grout, Misson) at Adelaide.
- US President John Kennedy asks for an Alliance for Progress and Peace Corps.
- Bobby Darin is youngest performer to headline a TV special on NBC.
- President John F. Kennedy delivers his first State of the Union Address.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?