Tuesday 30 January 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Green Tambourine by The Lemon Pipers.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor Faustus, directed by Richard Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1968 ?
- Felipe de Borbon: Prince of Asturias, heir to Spanish throne.
- Bob Nardella: hockey defenseman (Team Italy 1998).
- Prince Felipe: of Spain.
- Trevor Dunn: American musician (Mr.
- Felipe VI: Felipe VI of Spain.
- Tony Maudsley: British film actor
- Felipe VI : Spanish king, only son of Juan Carlos and Sophia, their third child. He was christened Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso y de la Santísima Trinidad y de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Grecia. Handsome, six feet and five inches tall, he is called "Flip" by his friends. Prince Felipe is a law student and military officer, as well as an Olympic-competing sailor; he is considered a model heir.
- Tsugouharu T Foujita: Japanese/French painter, dies at age 81.
- Bobby Goldsboro records his biggest hit, Honey
- Vietcong launch Tet-offensive on US embassy in Saigon
- Nauru president Hammer DeRoburt declares independence from Australia.
- The Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central Railroad merge to form Penn Central, the largest ever corporate merger up to this date.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?