Wednesday 30 January 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 January 2008 ?
- United States District Court judge Stanwood Duval dismisses a class action suit against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers over flooding from a levee breach in New Orleans, Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. (AP via Google News)
- Russian Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin and state electricity chief Anatoly Chubais call for a less hawkish foreign policy. Analysts claim the two are close to the likely next President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev. (''The Guardian'')
- The United States Federal Reserve cuts the federal funds rate by half a point to 3 per cent, the second cut in this key interest rate in eight days as it acts to head off a recession. (''The New York Times'')
- The Government of Australia announces that it will apologize to the ampquotstolen generationampquot of indigenous Australians in the Parliament of Australia on February 13. (AAP via ''Melbourne Herald-Sun'')
- Former North Carolina Senator John Edwards withdraws his candidacy. (CNN)
- Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani withdraws his candidacy and endorses John McCain. (''The New York Times'')
- Republican candidates debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California. (CNN)
- As snowstorms continue to worsen in China, Premier Wen Jiabao offers an apology to the public while visiting Changsha train station in Hunan as millions are stranded in train stations waiting to go home during Chinese New Year. (CNN)
- Government probe finds that Israel ampquotfailed ... to provide an effective military response to the challenge posed to it by the war in Lebanon.ampquot (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?