Thursday 30 July 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Patchwork Girl of Oz, directed by J. Farrell MacDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1914 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Mario Bava: German film director, formerly a director of photography.
- Michael Morris: 3rd Baron Killanin Irish journalist and author 6th President of the International Olympic Committee (d. 1999).
- Beatrix Beck: French educator and writer.
- Roger Koeffler: Strasbourg Journalist.
- Austrian-Hungary and Russia proclaim general mobilization
- French troops withdraw 10 km from German border
- John French appointed British Supreme Commander
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?