Friday 30 July 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Knowlton and Barbara Laage.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1920 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Martin Knowlton: American co-founder (with David Bianco) of Elderhostel, a non-profit organization established in 1975 that allows senior citizens to travel and take educational programs in the United States and around the world.
- Barbara Laage: French film actress who flourished in the 1950s.
- Walter Schuck: German lieutenant and pilot (d. 2015).
- Albert Gustaf Dahlman: Swedish executioner, the last to carry out capital punishment in Sweden (Born 1848).
- August 8 ampndash 1st World Scout Jamboree held at Olympia, London.
- Irish-born Australian Catholic Bishop Daniel Mannix is detained onboard ship off Queenstown and prevented from landing in Ireland or from speaking in the main Irish Catholic communities elsewhere in the United Kingdom.
- France prohibits the sale or prescription of contraceptives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! By Jingo! Oh! By Gee! - Frank Crumit
- Venetian Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?