Wednesday 30 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1947 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Ronald Pina: American lawyer, district attorny of bristol county, ma, gained celebrity status in gang rape case; d.a.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Austrian-born actor and politician began his career as a body-builder, ultimately winning several titles for his strength and magnificently sculpted body, including "Mr.
- Françoise Barré-Sinoussi: French virologist who was a corecipient, with Luc Montagnier and Harald zur Hausen, of the 2008 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- Jonathan Mann: American physician and author (d. 1998).
- Anna Panayiotopoulou: Greek actress.
- William Atherton: American actor of stage, film and TV, his films include "Sugarland Express," "Looking for Mr. Goodbar," "Die Hard.'
- Margo Sappington: Baytown, Texas -- Actress (Oh Calcutta)
- Anna Identici: Italian pop/folk singer and television personality.
- Joseph Cook: English-Australian miner and politician 6th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1947).
- Cin Reds 16 game win streak ends, losing to New York Giants 5-4
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?