Sunday 30 July 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1950 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Gabriele Salvatores: Italian film director whose "Mediterraneo" won the 1992 Oscar as Best Foreign Film and the "Nastro d’Argento" or Best Director, also for "Mediterraneo.
- Harriet Harman: English lawyer and politician Solicitor General for England and Wales.
- Frank Stallone: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Simón Trinidad: Colombian guerrilla leader.
- Andy Luotto: Italian-American actor and television personality, mainly active in Italy.
- Wime de Craene: Flemish chansonnier / composer
- Frank Stallone in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Barfly, Outlaw Force).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Play a Simple Melody - Gary Crosby & Friend (Bing Crosby)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?