Monday 30 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delta Burke in Orlando and Real Cloutier.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1956 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Delta Burke in Orlando: Florida, USA; actress (Suzanne - Designing Women).
- Real Cloutier: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Delta Burke: American actress and television star of the ensemble cast "Designing Women" from 1986-91.
- Anita Hill: American legal professor, a former aide to attorney Clarence Thomas in the early '80s.
- Alfredo Stranieri: Italian serial killer (naturalized French in 1982), who met his victims through newspaper ads in which he advertized himself as a potential buyer of used cars.
- US motto In God We Trust authorized
- "In God We Trust" is established as the U.S. national motto.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?