Wednesday 30 July 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Orlando Pizzolato and Olivier Poivre d'Arvor.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Patricia by Perez Prado and His Orchestra.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1958 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Orlando Pizzolato: Italian field and track star.
- Olivier Poivre d'Arvor: French writer and diplomat.
- Kate Bush: English singer-songwriter.
- Richard Burgi: Montclair, New Jersey -- Actor (Chad Rollo-Another World).
- Neal McCoy: American singer-songwriter and humanitarian.
- Daley Thompson: London, England -- Decathalete (1980, 84 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Alexander Albrecht: Composer, dies at 72.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Kalin Twins - When
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- The Elegants - Little Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?