Tuesday 30 July 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ingrid Butts and Monique Gabrielle in Los Angeles.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to So Much In Love by The Tymes.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacation Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1963 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Ingrid Butts: Denver, Colorado -- Cross country skier (1994 Olympics).
- Monique Gabrielle in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Bad Girls 4, Amazon Women on the Moon).
- Lisa Kudrow: American actress, best known for her role as the ditzy Phoebe on the hit show, "Friends.
- Benjamin Rothschild: Swiss banker, the chairman of the Edmond de Rothschild Group, a private bank established by his father and owned by the family.
- Albert Schultz: Canadian actor, director and the founding artistic director of Toronto's celebrated Soulpepper Theatre Company.
- John Wojciechowski: former professional American football player who played tackle for seven seasons for the Chicago Bears. Today John Wojiciechowski teaches gym and strength training at Fitzgerald High school in Warren Michigan.
- Peter Bowler: English-Australian cricketer
- Chris Mullin: Brooklyn, New York -- NBA forward (Warriors, Pacers, Olympics - Gold - 92)
- British spy Kim Philby found in Moscow
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?