Thursday 30 July 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Iguana, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1964 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Jurgen Klinsmann: German footballer and manager.
- Ron Block: American singer-songwriter and banjo player.
- Alek Keshishian: Lebanese-American director producer and screenwriter.
- Jürgen Klinsmann: German footballer and manager.
- Laine Randjärv: Estonian lawyer and politician 6th Estonian Minister of Culture.
- Vivica A Fox: American actress
- Guy Cummings: American body builder and male stripper, a career criminal with a rap sheet that included rape, assault and battery and fraud. He had traveled the width of the country playing scams, usually on women. Described as a smooth talker and an extremely powerful and emotional con man, he was a serious sexual predator. He took on a number of alias identities, including a world champion kick-boxer, a police officer and a CIA agent.
- Vivica Fox: Movie Actress
- US naval fire on Hon Ngu / Hon Mo, North Vietnam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?